Monday, March 14, 2011

Hey

I'm on spring break and I'm bored. As most people know, I'm very into music. Many of my friends often ask me why I listen to some of the stuff I listen to, and I can't really blame them. Anywho, I'm really excited for some albums that are due out this year, and hopefully you'll agree with me.

Kid Cudi- I'm not really the biggest fan of rap. I like certain songs every now and then, but I've always been a fan of Kid Cudi. I guess I have no problem saying he's my favorite rapper. Maybe it's because he's really messed up in the head, but who knows. Anyways, he has started the process of a new album, which he claims is going to be a 'rock' album. This is interesting because he did play guitar on a few songs on his latest album. His last album was kind of trippy and may not have been as good as his first one (with Pursuit of Happiness, Soundtrack 2 My Life, Up Up and Away), but at least he's rapping about things that matter to him and not making up some shitty dance craze or talking about what a thug or g he is. This should be interesting that he claims he is truly making a rock record, and I think it'll be a great idea. He can certainly provide the lyrics, but the only question is how the music will be.

Foo Fighters- Dave Grohl still amazes me. First he's the drummer in Nirvana, then he's the lead singer and guitarist in Foo Fighters, then he goes and creates Them Crooked Vultures. I don't think he's ever made a bad album in any band. The Foo Fighters are just one of those bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Blink-182 who everyone sort of likes and no one hates. They haven't released anything that recently, so it's nice to have them back.


Kim Kardashian- I heard 30 seconds of one of her songs. If the whole cd is anything like the 30 second snippet I heard, it will be the worst thing known to mankind. This might make Paris Hilton's 'Stars Are Blind' song look like a Grammy winner. Maybe for once she'll get trashed for something and go away for a bit.
Blink-182- It's about damn time. After Tom Delonge had his little hissyfit had that underperforming, half-assed band Angels and Airwaves (supposedly they're still together?), it seemed that Blink-182 would never get back together. It only took Travis Barker surviving a plane crash to get these guys to realize that life is short and Blink really shouldn't have broken up in the first place. Blink might be the band of my generation. I can remember listening to them when I was in elementary school and I'm still a fan to this day. Yeah they might have gotten more mature, but their last album was brilliant, so have hope people. I will admit that this is sort of taking a while now, and although the album is a sureshot thing, no one knows when it's going to be finished. I have faith in blink, so hopefully it'll be worth the wait.


The Strokes- This one will be intersting. They're last album sort of got ripped for being too electronic back in 2006. It's almost like it would've fit more within the past few years, and it really isn't that bad of an album. I like the Strokes because it seems that they just don't give a shit about anything whatsoever. They have no problem writing songs about parties, doing what they want, and girls. They're cooler than the Fonz and make leather jackets badass again. They're first two albums were amazing, so it'll be hard to get back on that level, but from what I've heard from this new album Angles, it looks like they're certainly trying for it. Under Cover of Darkness is a really catchy song that needs to be more mainstream. I mean it's better than anything released by Ke$ha, Wiz Khalifa or Katy Perry recently. Anyways, Angles comes out on the 22nd, and I can't wait. If there's any songs remotely close to Last Nite, Reptilia, 12:51 or Someday, then the world should rejoice.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I think the whole world is excited for this. The Chili Peppers are one of those few bands who can last 30 years and still make good music. Seeing them live 4 years ago in Boston was one of the best nights of my life with some of my best friends ever for the Stadium Arcadium tour. John Frusciante might have left the band but at least Anthony, Flea, and Chad "Will Ferrel's Twin" Smith are still in the band, and I'm pretty confident their new guitarist will fit in well. There's been plenty of rumours about the cd, such as Anthony Kiedis saying that the working title for it is Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head. Now, there is very, very little chance that this will remain the actual album title, but that's still pretty awesome. Also, there is supposed to be around 20 songs, which is also pretty awesome. The Chili Peppers never disappoint, and there will probably be a few summer anthems coming from them in the near future. Also, I'm not a gambling man, but their will probably be a song about California or Los Angelese. Just sayin.

Taking Back Sunday- I might be a little bias here because I'm a huge TBS fan, but it just seemed so impossible at the time. Original guitarist/backup vocalist John Nolan and bassist Shaun Cooper rejoined the band out of nowhere, so the original lineup is all in tact. This means its back to the Tell All Your Friends heyday, which gave us some of their best songs, such as Cute Without the E, You're So Last Summer, Timberwolves at New Jersey, Bike Scene, Ghost Man on Third, and the ultimate comeback song to another song, There's No 'I' In Team (see Brand New's 'Seventy Times 7' if you're confused). I've seen these guys 4 times, each with a different lineup, but seeing the original guys this past June was amazing. I have high hopes, because I think they're motivated to produce something awesome. Adam Lazzara has always wrote great lyrics, and having John back will do nothing but improve it. I might be the most excited about this cd, but that's just me. Just the fact that the band patched things up is one thing, but to start touring again and making a cd with 10-11 songs on it is amazing. Also, they're playing at Lupo's in Providence this April. Need I say more?

As for shoutouts, I gotta give some to stunning Jenna Borkoski and the gorgeous Meg Mahoney. I owe you girls dinner, I know I know, have faith in me. Also, thank you to Kyle Towne for providing two solid blog topics. Also, on St. Patrick's Day I have a gift to you all: Letting Dan Allen share with the world his bucket list. I've gotten a brief preview and it will be entertaining.

4 comments:

  1. I know that you're not that big of a rap fan, but I would like to inform you that Dr. Dre's final album is coming out on April 20th... This is a major underaking in the rap community because he's one of the only real rappers left and his upcoming album "De-Tox" is said to be the most anticipated rap album of all time, probably because he's been delaying it since 2004(kinda like a Brett Favre retirement thing). That is all...

    ~The Kid

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright I respect that. I have heard of it just completely forgot it was finally coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing from The Killers??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. shut the fuck up paul

    ReplyDelete