Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Japandroids, Sleigh Bells, Neutral Milk Hotel, Zedd and Wavves: 5 Songs Stuck In My Head

First of all, I'd like to say that Alumni Weekend was a success at PC.  Many stories were created, many bad decisions were made, and many drinks were consumed.  That's all I'll say about that.  Just a quick update here, I wanted to post 5 songs that have been stuck in my head for the past week.  These are all from bands that I like a lot.  I never mean to tell people what they should or shouldn't listen, but I just want to help get these bands out there.  If you guys like what you hear then I'll be very pleased, but what you like is what you like and I respect that. 

Japandroids: The House That Heaven Built


Sleigh Bells: Comeback Kid


Zedd: Clarity (Acoustic Mix)

Wavves: Demon to Lean On

Neutral Milk Hotel: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea


Just as a brief follow up, Japandroids new album Celebration Rock was named the #1 album of 2012 by Spin magazine.  Sleigh Bells consists of just two people, and seems to be a rock band that may have a slight cross over into the EDM crowd with the drum machine and samples that they use along with the guitar and vocals.  Zedd is most likely the next big DJ, coming off a performance of the song above on David Letterman.  I'll be seeing Zedd with in Boston a week from tonight with two of my best friends, which will most likely be an awesome time.  Wavves has had a few minor hits and has been shown some love from MTV which is kind of rare these days.  The song 'Demon to Lean On' is their newest single, coming from an album that comes out March 26th.  They will be playing in Boston in April and I would highly recommend seeing them live if you liked the song I posted.  Neutral Milk Hotel hasn't done much since 1998 when their album In The Aeroplane Over The Sea came out, but this whole album is beautiful.  I saw the frontman/mastermind of NMH play at Lupo's two nights ago, and to say that it was an incredible show would be an understatment.  Some of the songs that he (Jeff Mangum) played were beautiful, which is a rare term to use these days when it comes to music.  I have been to numerous concerts over the past 10 years, and Mangum may be the best sounding musician that I have heard live.  Impressive for just one guy and a couple of guitars. 

I hope you guys enjoyed some of the songs here.  Again, I do not mean to push this music upon anyone, but I just believe in these bands and felt that I should share them with you guys. Please, feel free to comment your thoughts/opinions/whatever in the comment section below.  I'd love to hear what you guys think about this stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. Rather,all the applications keep running in the background although in a low power state,utilizing both processing power and memory that leads to a
    lower battery life. Hold your device on end to locate two small screws on
    either side of the dock. Double Tap (Tap the home button twice > Press down on an app for one
    second > Hit the "minus" button on all apps that are running)
    When you open an app, it stays running until you actually turn it off.


    Feel free to surf to my blog: radiosender

    ReplyDelete